Wednesday, September 15, 2010

First you must seek it. Then it will be revealed to you.

Wisdom...contentment...the fingerprints of God...

A few years ago, it occurred to me that much of my understanding about life, love & other mysteries (the work of God, among them!) comes to me through what appears to random clarity. - some people may call them "a-HA" moments.  I believe in the core of my being that things aren't random.  My hope & trust is in a loving God who is consistent, purposeful, powerful - one who loves to reveal Himself in many ways if, in the words of a precious friend, we choose to SEE


 So, really I know that the apparent randomness doesn't come from God but from me.  He's given me plenty of opportunities to see His good hand at work in my life and my world (Romans 1:19&20), so I know that it's ME who has random clarity as my heart & mind have eyes to see.  Maybe I'm not ready to see; maybe I'm too stubborn to see; maybe I have something blocking my ability to see. 


But God is THERE; He is REAL; He is MAKING SENSE out of all of my life.  


I just might be looking in a poor mirror for now.

No comments: